You might get this requirement quite often to search records based on some field data.
Will see an example to understand much better.
Created a field named Twitter in Contact. Now the requirement is to search Contact based on Twitter data.
Follow the below steps to configure OOB Quick Find View,
Step 1: Goto Microsoft Dynamics CRM -> Settings -> Customizations and click on Customize the System.
Step 2: Under Entities,
- Expand Contact Entity.
- Click on Views under Contact.
- Double click on Quick Find Active Contacts.
- Click on Add Find Columns, to Configure Twitter Search in Contact.
5. Scroll down till you find Twitter Field and Select it. Click on OK.
6. Now will add Twitter field Column in Quick Find View. Click on Add View Columns.
7. Scroll down till you find the Twitter field and Select it and Click on OK.
8. Now can see Twitter Column in Quick Find View. Then Save and Close.
Step 3: Click on Contact Entity and Publish.
Step 4: Once Contact Entity Customizations Published,
Go to Microsoft Dynamics CRM -> Sales -> Contacts.
Search for the Twitter in Homepage grid.
Step 5: After Searching, can see the required record in the Configured Quick Find View.
Thank you for reading this article.
Please leave your valuable feedback.