Sometimes you might get wonder (even frustrated) why the debugger is not hitting the break point in your Plug-In code file.
Below are the Checklist to perform prior to start the debugging of your Plug-in assembly.
- Ensure that your plug-in assembly is signed (See)
- Rebuild the plug-in assembly
- Reset the IIS (i.e. Open command prompt and run ‘iisreset’ command)
- Restart CRM Asynchronous Service on CRM server (Only in case of asynchronous plug-in or Custom workflow )
- Copy the .pdb file and your .dll file to server’s assembly (i.e., ..Program FilesMicrosoft Dynamics CRMServerbinassembly)
- Open the Plug-in Registration Tool (Download)
- Browse the dll from your Plug-Ins projects “bindebug” folder
- In Plug-in Registration Tool , Choose “Specify the location where assembly should be stored” option as “Disk”
- Register the step
- Register the image(s) if any
- Attach the process by opening the Plug-in project in the Visual Studio and then
- From menu choose “Debug -> Attach to Process…” ( or Click…
View original post 140 more words